Friday, June 26, 2009

Back: Interest or Parents?

I'm back to write on this little blog again. Counting 18 days exam is waiting for me. It's closer and sooner than i expected. Well, not to say i don't expect it...it's just a long-suffering wait. Like Mr. J says even if i am given 5 years to prepare, i will only doing it at the very last minutes. Sad to say, i'm naturally lazy bum with no strong will. But still believe on every little glimpse of hope :]

Alright, here something more interesting. On the night of 24 June, i received a call from Cee. Cee told me that she got enrolled into a good university with the course of her choice. But she told me that she was unhappy because her parents and friends criticized of her choice. Accordingly, i advice her and comforted her by saying,' everyone have a dream. After all dream is F.O.C. So nothing wrong to have good dream. In reality, our footstep of life will always come to a junction where we are to decide what path to take. Mos of the time the feeling of uncertain that creates uneasy feelings and problem of insecure. People will either supportive or opposing. But always remember the poem 'The Road Not Taken' by Robert Frost?" ..., our journey of life supposed to be an adventure and full of colours. Therefore, go ahead pursue your dream and live it with no regrets.' Honestly, those words are sincere. The thoughts cross my mind in that split seconds. I'm not sure how much i can assure her but that what i said to her.

I'm surprise when Cee's dad calls me and indirectly offended me by saying i'm wrong to say such words to her. He contends that pursue of dream can't feed you in future.

I don't deny that definitely cause me to have sudden doubt of myself. It made me think, am i standing at the wrong side too by misleading her? But i don't get it, if the parents already have something set on their mind, shouldn't them arranged everything for Cee at the first place. AND asking my opinion...For ****sake, it's an 'O-P-I-N-I-O-N'. No **** person can say other is wrong because of a fair opinion. We are born with different thought. "You can't call a dog bad and hang him!"

In the end, i am on the stand that Cee got to decide for herself and hold unwaveringly on her decision even if everyone bombard her with nuclear criticism.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah exam around the corner.. break your leg ! keep it up! play more .. keke :P

    ReplyDelete